Re: USB Hard Drive on Debian (woody) - Kernel 2.4.24

Robert,

I have recompiled the kernel (2.4.24) to include scsi support in
addition to usb.  Here are the relevent lines from dmesg:

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
es1371: version v0.32 time 17:29:13 Jan 31 2004
usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
usb.c: registered new driver hub
host/uhci.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v1.1
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage

However, there is nothing listed in /proc/scsi/scsi about the usb hard
drive and I can not mount it.:

Contents of /proc/scsi/scsi:
Attached devices: none

Results of mount:
# mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mnt
# mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
(as a reminder, the SystemRescue CD shows the drive as sda, and the
partition as sda1)

Do you have any other thoughts?

Barry