Re: Mobo with fan controls

Incoming from Monique Y. Herman:
> On 2004-01-30, s. keeling penned:
> > Incoming from Hugo Vanwoerkom:
> >>
> >> I am looking for a mobo that has controls on for all its fans so they
> >> can be turned off or down when not needed, like the laptops do.
> >
> > I have never understood you guys who want to do this with finesse.
> > Just brute force it!  Get a desk that has a big enough pedestal or
>
> I'm no expert, but I think you'd overheat your machine rather rapidly,
> unless of course the drawer is about the size of a room.  Ventilation is

The one I had from Ikea had a pedestal on one side containing a
cabinet with removeable shelves.  Throw those away and you could
(almost) fit a Netra in there.  Drill holes, mount input and output
fans (on the inside), ...

Soundproofed enclosures used to be THE thing back in the days of dot
matrix (or daisy wheel) printers.

- -