Re: FireWire disk - sharing with an iBook?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:05:14 +0000
James Tappin <james@tappin.me.uk> wrote:

> I have a Lacie Firewire pocket drive. I'd rather like to be able to
> use it on both my Debian (Sid) box and my iBook (Mac OsX).
<snip>
> The fact that a colleague has a USB keyring solid-state disk that is
> readable on Mac, Linux and Windows without any problems suggests that
> it should be possible

I suspect this is because the USB keyring is formatted with a dos/fat
partition. When I was trying to swap Iomega zip disks between Linux,
Windows and Mac this was the easiest way to get it to work.

In theory, you should be able to do the same with the Firewire drive,
though if you don't have a copy of Windows you might have trouble
getting it formatted with a fat partition.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135