Re: 2 questions from debian noob

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:27:41AM -0800, Timmy P. wrote:

> i was wondering if yall could tell me why the network
> install for debian does not support Internal PCI
> cards.

It does.  I, for instance, installed using an internal PCI ethernet card the
last two times I installed Debian.

What problem are you experiencing?

> I do plan on buying the cd set...but i wanted to make
> sure it worked with my hardware, and i liked it
> myself, before i buy it.

There's no charge.  Debian is *aggressively* free (and Free).  I don't think
the Project objects if you want to donate money, though.

> My other question, does debian work with AMD
> processors?  I believe they are intell compatible, but
> i can't find them mentioned on the debian site...so i
> figured i would ask the list.

If you check the Debian package site (packages.debian.org) you'll find a
bunch of packages specifically compiled to better support AMD chips,
including my own 1.4 GHz Athlon.  Works beautifully.

Welcome to Debian.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading