2 questions from debian noob

hello,

i was wondering if yall could tell me why the network
install for debian does not support Internal PCI
cards.  I do not have a laptop, and can not spare 7
cds to install the os that i have heard so much good
about.

I do plan on buying the cd set...but i wanted to make
sure it worked with my hardware, and i liked it
myself, before i buy it.

My other question, does debian work with AMD
processors?  I believe they are intell compatible, but
i can't find them mentioned on the debian site...so i
figured i would ask the list.

Thank you for your help.

Tim P.
Newark, DE