Re: features in galeon-1.2.5 vs 1.3.11+, was: Status of Galeon in testing?

On 24 Jan 2004 13:14:06 +0100,
gnalle@ruc.dk (Niels L. Ellegaard) wrote in message
<[🔎] 7w1xppwnld.fsf@dirac.ruc.dk>:

> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> writes:
>
> > ..how about cookies?  I generally want "allow these cookies" ban
> > these cookies" and "ban this spam site", should take 3 buttons only,
> > but is a major hassle with all browsers I've used, you get "accept"
> > or "ban" and "these cookies only" or "all cookies".
>
> Right click on picture and chose "ban pictures from this site"
>
> In the menu you can choose
> "web" -> "cookies" -> "ban cookies from this site"
> "web" -> "popups" ->  "ban popups from this site"
> (These menu item took me a while to find :)

..not good enough IMO, entering a new site, I like to decide how to
treat the first few cookies before I make up my mind on the site, that
required going back and forth between the "these few" and "all sites"
menus, I decide to ban or not depending on how I like each site's
cookie policy.

> They have made a nice personal data manger with the following tabs:
>
> Cookies : Which cookies do you have
> Cookie sites : Who can/cannot set cookies
> Image sites : Who can/cannot show images
> Passwords : Which passwords do you remember
> Password sites : For which sites don't you wish to remember passwords
> Popup sites : Which sites cannot make popups

..here I miss "Which spam sites to firewall to death."

> > ..is it still possible to drag tabs across each other?  Or between
> > Galeon instances?
>
> You can drag tabs from one Galeon window to another Galeon
> window. (Window == instance?). This works very nicely.

..uh, between windows, no longer sure if I ever have moved tabs
between instances.

> My only grudge is that if a Galeon window only has one tab, then the
> drag handle disappears. This means that I cannot drag the last
> remaining tab into another window. In other words I cannot empty a
> window for all tabs. Galeon 1.2.5 had a very nice menu item for this
> but sadly this menu item has not been reimplemented.
>
> > ..the interview explained quite a things, losing bonobo sounds good,
> > but does these guys plan to add mail etc stuff to it???
>
> I hope that they stick to their slogan "The web and only the web" :)
> However I believe that Galeon works nicely together with sylpheed and
> evolution. (I am writing this post using xemacs/GNUS and SSH, so there
> is no hope for me :)

..on my todo list, I used Pan for news, and Sylpheed for mail, I like to
keep these well apart.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: