Re: features in galeon-1.2.5 vs 1.3.11+, was: Status of Galeon in testing?

Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> writes:

> ..how about cookies?  I generally want "allow these cookies" ban these
> cookies" and "ban this spam site", should take 3 buttons only, but is a
> major hassle with all browsers I've used, you get "accept" or "ban" and
> "these cookies only" or "all cookies".

Right click on picture and chose "ban pictures from this site"

In the menu you can choose
"web" -> "cookies" -> "ban cookies from this site"
"web" -> "popups" ->  "ban popups from this site"
(These menu item took me a while to find :)

They have made a nice personal data manger with the following tabs:

Cookies : Which cookies do you have
Cookie sites : Who can/cannot set cookies
Image sites : Who can/cannot show images
Passwords : Which passwords do you remember
Password sites : For which sites don't you wish to remember passwords
Popup sites : Which sites cannot make popups

> ..is it still possible to drag tabs across each other?  Or between
> Galeon instances?

You can drag tabs from one Galeon window to another Galeon
window. (Window == instance?). This works very nicely.

My only grudge is that if a Galeon window only has one tab, then the
drag handle disappears. This means that I cannot drag the last
remaining tab into another window. In other words I cannot empty a
window for all tabs. Galeon 1.2.5 had a very nice menu item for this
but sadly this menu item has not been reimplemented.

> ..the interview explained quite a things, losing bonobo sounds good,
> but does these guys plan to add mail etc stuff to it???

I hope that they stick to their slogan "The web and only the web" :)
However I believe that Galeon works nicely together with sylpheed and
evolution. (I am writing this post using xemacs/GNUS and SSH, so there
is no hope for me :)

                   Med venlig hilsen

                            Niels

--