Re: Tuning X

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:34:16AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2004 00:46,
> debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > > The docs say that ATI 128m cards are supported. ?have an ATI 64m card and
> > > this might be the problem. I wonder if the r128 driver would work on the
> > > lower memory card?
> >
> > It's worth a shot I'd think, though I don't actually know if there are any
> > significant differences in the actual chipset. Probably a good idea to set
> > the VideoRam entry in XF86Config[-4] to 65536.
>
> Correction. I would love it if there were 65536 on the card but the 64 is not
> 64meg but Mach64 chip. The card has 8meg on it :-( The r128 drive is not
> driving a 128meg card (anyone have such a thing) but  a successor to the
> Mach65, 16-64meg ??

Duh, of course, where was I at?

> I do have 2.4.22 SID. r128 and apgpart are there.

Well, I'd try loading those two modules, agpgart first, then r128. You'll
probably get some kind of error message if the r128 module doesn't like your
card. If that is the case, it looks like you'll be needing to search around
on <http://dri.sourceforge.net> for the correct module.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons