Debian Woody CONFLICT - libc6 and SpamAssassin

I've used dselect to install debian packages all along, until...

I installed MailScanner with SpamAssassin just fine. Ever since then
whenever I use dselect it claims there is a conflict or unmet
requirement between SpamAssassin and Libc6. So, I've been using apt
instead.

However, I'd like to return to using dselect.

How can I get dselect past this trouble?

I'm running Debian Woody, nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance!
 Jason Morrill
 IT Manager
 Child & Family Agency SE Connecticut