Re: CM-Super fonts for TeX

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:01:43AM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> Is there a debian way to install the cm-super fonts? Apt-cache and
> apt-get.org get me no results. And if there is one thing I want to
> avoid, it is messing up my tetex-installation...

You can check out

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=fonts

for installation info as well as lotsa other stuff.  As mentioned already,
/usr/local is the place to put things.  Other links (regarding a
cm-super alternative) to check out are

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/lm/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uselmfonts

(from the LyX users list, courtesy Juergen Spitzmueller)

There are links leading to a general discussion on installing fonts in
the above.

HTH,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,