Re: Would Knoppix enable access to router?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:59:17 +0000
Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> I certainly haven't found it to be trivial. After long fiddling with
> /etc/dhcpd.conf, which kept producing errors of the form "No subnet
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> declaration for eth0" and the like, I eventually reached the stage
> where it says:

Ah, there's your problem. You're editing the config file for dhcpd (dhcp
daemon). You want the dhcp client, not the server. A properly setup
server should take care of all that subnet, nameserver and other stuff
for you.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Windows, the yo-yo operating system; it goes up... it goes down... it
goes up...