imap and pop with Postfix

I've got postfix running on my Debian box, and I have what appears to be a fully functioning MTA. However in trying to use UW IMAP and the accompanying iPOP3d, I'm having no success.

When trying to access my mail from a mail client via either imap or pop, the transfer gets hung up on accepting the password and denies the request. Since there are no config files for these components, I've tried looking at the syslog for some clues, but there are no error messages, just the fact that there are requests coming in for imap and pop requests.

Where should I look for problems? and better yet solutions :)