Re: checking whether partition mounted as ext3

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 01:51:28PM -0700, Doug Holland wrote:
> On Sun 18 Jan 2004 1:16 pm, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> > Dear People,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone knows of a easy and definitive way to
> > determine whether a specific mounted partition is ext2 or ext3, and if
> > ext3, whether is mounted as "ordered data" or "journal". Currently, I
> > look at the boot messages, but they are not always clear.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> >                                                            Faheem.
>
> Run mount at the command line, with no arguments, and it'll tell you which
> filesystems are mounted with which fs types.

That doesn't always work I gave the mount option in fstab to mount as
ext3/ext2 (which resorts to ext2 if ext3 fails) and mount show
ext3/ext2. Don't know if it would matter, but I'm scared to change that
at the moment since its a mac G3 which I don't have a boot disk to so I
would be left with a non-working server if I got it wrong ;-)