Re: apt problem

* Deryk Barker <dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca> [040118 21:06]:
> I'm having a problem with my wife's machine (running testing) and I
> can't seem to find a way out.
>
> While doing an upgrade it broke because apparently both kdepim-libs
> and libkcal2 contain the file /usr/lib/libkcal2.so.0.0

Your can use "dpkg --force-overwrite <packagename>" to install the
newer package. So dpkg will ignore, that this file is in both packages.
Your'll find the .deb-files in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

The next step would be to find out, what went wront and file a bug
report using reportbug.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander