Re: Ctrl - s, s key problem

Thorsten Haude wrote:
Hi,

* Yan Xu <yax2@Lehigh.EDU> [2004-01-18 21:28]:

I am new to debian and linux. I installed Debian last week. Now, I have
a problem. If I press Ctrl - s in a terminal or in Emacs, the s key will
not reponse anymore no matter how I press it. That's annoying. I have to
reboot the machine to get the s key to work again. But, I do need Ctrl -
s, especially when using Emacs to edit something.  Anyone  know how to
resolve this problem.

I don't know about EmacsOS, but the terminal is locked with Ctrl-s.
Just press Ctrl-q to unlock it.

Thorsten

Many thanks for the reply. However, it is not the lock problem. Only the s key is not working, other keys work well.

Yan