Sustem lockups -- (due to Konsole?)

I am running Sarge and did an 'apt-get upgrade' yesterday (NOT dist-upgrade). Since then I have had some major stability problems. The system will lock up completely (while running X) and all I can do is hit the power button.

After a few such reboots (the first one caused me to have to run fsck manually) I noticed an error message on restarting that referred to 'signal 11 and konsole. I do not run KDE (I like fvwm2), but I do use konsole instead of xterm.

Is there a known problem with konsole, now, in Sarge? Should I just reinstall the prior version? Is this more a problem with my particular config and not with konsole, itself? Any ideas?

Marc Shapiro

(Please reply on list, as this mailbox receives only Spam.)

Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418