Re: Documentation and Usability

Kevin Mark wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 07:01:03PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

John Hasler wrote:

Kevin Mark writes:

compare what you get from the windows world. no community. no help. need
to buy $$$ books. pay $$$$ for tech support.

This is an outright falsehood.  There are just as many, if not more,
MS Windows oriented user groups/communities as there are for GNU/Linux.
Granted, tech support is still expensive.

Hi Roberto,
I guess its been so long since I have had any contact with M$ that I
forgot about the people like those at my local pc users groups. Yes, you
are correct. mea culpa. ==:-)
-Kev

I know because I sometimes hang around some of the MS-centered
forums and suggest free software alternatives for people that run
into problems (usually Apache for IIS, OOo for MSO, etc).

-Roberto