Re: Radeon 9200 poor performance with mplayer

On Saturday 17 January 2004 17:27, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

> Also what does your config look like mine is:
> Section "Module"
> 	Load	"GLcore"

I was missing the above - all the others were there.  I think I must have
removed this because it conflcted with my previous NVidia stuff

> This is important. You need agp support in the kernel. If you can,
> recompile a kernel and include the correct agp chipset (intel is
> usually the right one). You'll also need to include the dri support
> for the radeon as well.

I don't compile my own kernels, just use the standard debian packages.
HOWEVER, I am using 2.6.0 (package kernel-image-2.6.0-1-k7) - so that might
be part of the problem.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk