Re: Mozilla broken, does not start up

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:

> A.L.Meyers wrote:
>
>>Hi!  Trying to start Mozilla recently does nothing.  ps -A tells me that
>>a task called mozilla-bin is running but the browser does not come up.
>>Same systems runs konqueror and netscape perfectly.  Galeon, however,
>>will not start up either.  Advice appreciated.
>>
> Try killing all instances of mozilla, then rename your ~/.mozilla
> directory to move it out of the way, and then start moz. If it starts,
> you can move your bookmarks, etc back over and hopefully recover from
> there.
>
> You might even want to restart X; it seems to me that sometimes Moz and
> friends somehow get hosed over time (memory leaks?), and a restart of X
> fixes it (reminds me of Windows - yuck, but at least you don't have to
> restart the box, just X).

Unfortunately these do not work.  One further information is that not
only mozilla-bin but another process called "gconfd-2" is left hanging
and must be killed.

Lux
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
Key fingerprint: 8994 CFDD 9C60 C978 A488 689F 5DCC EFC4 4D36 580D