Re: Good experience with radio tuner cards?

On Friday 16 January 2004 10:18 am, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> My wife talked me out of getting a Sirius satellite radio for
> Christmas, but the geek in me still wants to listen to the radio
> (airwave broadcast, not Internet) on my computer.

Unless you have an application where you must control the tuner of the
radio from the PC, why not just use a cheap radio and a cable to the LINE
IN port of your soundcard to get it to your nicer PC speakers.

This seems simpler in the long-run than messing with a tuner card, and if
it's a portable radio you can use it out in the backyard, garage, or
whatever, also.

(Sometimes the best solution is the simplest one.)

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com