Re: Remote health test for servers?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:30:34 -0500 (EST)
Russ Schneider <russ@sugapablo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Jacob S. wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have some good scripts (or know of a progam, though I
> > suspect that's overkill) for having an automated process that
> > periodically runs to make sure a server is still alive?
> >
> > If the server were running the other os, I think an occasional ping
> > would be good enough, but I've seen a Linux server lose it's hard
> > drive and still answer pings before. :-)
>
> http://www.nagios.org/
<snip>

Thanks, Russ.

That looks exactly like the type of thing I'm looking for. And
definitely better than I could script in a couple hours. :-)

Thanks again,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Slight disorientation after prolonged system uptime is normal for new
Linux users. Please do not adjust your browser.