Re: Reading Adobe DRM-enabled e-Books under Linux?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:40:10PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:

> Apparently you need Adobe 6.0 for Windows or Mac, or Adobe 3.0
> for Palm.

Update: I installed Adobe 6.0 for Windows, held my nose and did the DRM
activation (at least the handcuffs were free), and viewed the .etd file.
I could "Save A Copy" as a password-protected PDF - xpdf prompted me for
the password.  Neither my library ID nor my library password was the
password.  (xpdf didn't recognize the .etd file at all).

Any chance of cracking the password?  I need to do what Dmitri did.
Adobe *said* they'd be willing to make an Adobe 6.0 for Linux with DRM,
but there wasn't market share.  Therefore, I do not believe I am doing
anything ethically wrong here.  This is a legit case of cracking DRM,
the authorities will look the other way.