Re: 3COM Gig ethernet driver compile woes (source from 3COM/ASUS)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:15:23 -0600
Ramasubramanian Ramesh <rramesh@ti.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I got the source for 3COM gig ethernet card from Asus website and I
>   am
> having compile issue.
> My gcc is from sarge/testing.
>
> It appears that cpp is choking on multiline __asm__ macros. Any
> help/pointers appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ramesh

Hi
>From the output i gather you seem to be talking about the 3com 940 GBE
adapter. I also have this controller on my asus a7v600 mainboard. I
remember I had some problems with the driver from asus, but i used the
driver directly from syskonnect for 2.4.2[1,2] and at the moment the
included driver that comes with 2.4.23 out of the box.

you can find the driver from syskonnect here:
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/sk98lin.htm

i hope i could help, since that is perhaps not what you intended

yours,
Albert

PS: perheps, but I don't really think it matters, i'm using sid

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>