Re: how can I tell what packages depend on group memebership?

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:08:01PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:22:12PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> > So is there a way to tell what behavior depends on being a member of
> > what groups, by querying the package database or something?
>
> It's not really a package database thing.

Thanks for the doc link.

It would be useful if the package headers contained some encoded
information about what group memeberships affect its behavior, like
"depends-on", "suggests", &c.  Then automated tools could do interesting
things based on that info.

If there is a formal process for integrating that data into a future
version of the package format, I'd like to pursue and nominate that.

Unless you can explain why it's a bad or unworkable idea.