network configuration problem

hi all,
i'm a newbie to Debian. I just shifted from RedHat. I've got two lan cards on my debian system. one connected to the internet and the other to my local lan.
i'm not able to ping my ISP DNS server from my debian machine.
Details:
eth0 (Ethernet connected to ISP)
IP 192.168.1.43
DNS 192.168.1.1
Gateway 192.168.1.1
Subnet 255.255.255.0

eth1 (Ethernet connected to my LAN)
IP 10.0.0.1
DNS 192.168.1.1
Gateway 192.168.1.43
Subnet 255.0.0.0

As i think right now my problem hasn't reached upto my LAN because I'm not able to ping/reach any site from my Debian server. Under Windows 2000 it's working.
My ISP says it might be a problem of speen 10 or 100 mbps problem.

where have i gone wrong?
please help me.

ritesh