Re: ATI Radeon driver + Linux2.6?

Rob Sims wrote:
On Tuesday 06 January 2004 10:39 am, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

The ATI 3.7.0 driver works out of the box.  The open source
DRI drivers also work great.

Does the open driver support DRI and dual heads simultaneously? DRI doesn't work with Xinerama. The proprietary driver provides a single framebuffer mode to allow dual head and DRI. If the open driver does do this, where do I get it? The ones in the X package seem to have the DRI/dual head exclusion.
--
Rob

I don't know about dual-head or xinerama (I have only one monitor),
but the dri drvers are packaged with the kernel releases.  Optionally
you can get CVS or snapshots of your card's code from dri.sf.net.

I have been getting full DRI support since about 2.4.23/2.6.0-test4
including 25% better framerate in glxgears than with the binary
ATI drivers.

-Roberto