Re: aptitude hanging

On Friday 02 January 2004 17:53, Jeremy Brooks wrote:
>causes the
> installation process to stop indefinitely.  I can hit ctrl-c to break
> out, but can not get the foomatic-filters package to install
> completely.

Snap

I hit Y, then after waiting a bit did a control Z to background aptitude and
found myself in a shell prompt.  I did a pstree -p to get the process number
of the process spawned by dpkg and killed it.  I then did a fg in the bash
shell to restart aptitude and it seemed to work as though it had completed
satisfactorily.

I am not sure if I screwed anything up in the process thought.
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk