Re: Struggling with Palm Pilot

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:20:27AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> Whether an app is KDE or Gnome or Foo doesn't even enter my mind when
> I'm looking for a tool -- I just look for an app that fulfils my needs
> in terms of functionality.  I have no qualms about running KDE apps from
> a Gnome environment or vice versa.  Am I missing something?

Running a KDE app from a Gnome desktop loads up a whole bunch of KDE
libraries and programs (and vice versa).

Also some people are very particular about the look and feel of their
applications.

There are also people who are just using the system (non-technical users)
and they might find it harder to deal with two different save buttons,
print dialogs, and so on.

So in conclusion the importance of KDE vs GNOME vs Foo depends on
(amongst other things):
Your computing resources (ram and disk space).
Your preferences concerning look and feel.
Your level of proficiency with GUI applications.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com