Re: Change password from shellscript

On Tuesday 16 Dec 2003 7:22 am, Nunya wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:10:13AM +0000, James Williamson wrote:
> > My version of passwd has a --stdin switch which'll read the
> > password from STDIN, i.e.
>
> Where can I get such a version of passwd?

It's on a Redhat machine, doesn't look like passwd on debian has this
'feature'. It's PAM aware so just copying it onto a Debian machine would
probably break things, I'm pretty new to Debian and haven't looked at the PAM
side of things yet. I'd have a look at autoexpect which makes it a doddle to
create expect scripts.

James