Re: How to install BitTorrent on Woody?

* Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com) [031125 11:10]:
> I'd like to install BitTorrent on Woody, but it's not available in stable.
> I think it's available in testing.  Or does someone have a package built
> for Woody?  I need it for PowerPC.  I think BitTorrent is written in
> python, but it uses wxPython, for which I would need a PowerPC binary.

afaict, it only depends on python.  There's a backport at
www.backports.org, which depends on python 2.1.x.

specifically:

http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/stable/bittorrent/binary-i386/bittorrent_3.2.1b-4.backports.org.2_all.deb

(the path says binary-i386, but it's really an "Architecture: all" deb)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/