Re: debian

Kent West wrote:

David Lorenzo wrote:

Hello, I am trying to install debian from a cd i got from a magazine but i am not very good at linux so i dont know if it is me who is not installing it properly.

Not know[ing] what CD this is (potato? woody? sid? knoppix with hd install? something else), it's not likely that anyone can give you specifics at this point.

If you have network access on that setup, I'd suggest you forget the CD (especially the second CD you mention below, which again, we have no idea of what the CD is or where it came from) [and pull packages from the official Debian archive mirrors].

Sorry for the errors -- lots of interruptions on this end while I was trying to respond.

--
Kent