Re: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Questions

On 17 Dec 2003 at 14:15, Arne Goetje wrote:

> Can't help you with the tuner card, but for the nvidia nic: if you don't
> want to compile the manufacturer's drivers (which I can understand),
> slip in a cheap realtek card and off you go. That's what I did, mainly
> because I had one lying around and I couldn't get my internet access
> working with the 2.4.18 kernel. I had to download the new kernel
> somehow... :)

The nForce drivers installed just fine, so the on-board nVidia NIC is now
active.  However, I think I am going to do one final fresh start here.
While trying to install some packages with dselect, I screwed something
up, and when I thought I was exiting out of the program, all of a sudden
I saw a whole bunch of stuff being uninstalled, even though I don't
recall selecting anything to be uninstalled.

Since it all happened so fast, I couldn't keep track of what was going
away, so I figure that starting over is probably the best way to go about
getting everything back.