Re: My email is rejected by some sites

Am So, den 14.12.2003 schrieb Al Davis um 17:21:
> On Thursday 11 December 2003 03:56 pm, Joerg Rossdeutscher
> wrote:
> > Yes, many ISPs do that, and it's a good thing.
> > We all would drown in spam if they accepted mail from
> > everywhere. There is absolutely nothing you can do except to
> > use your providers mailserver.
>
> On Saturday 13 December 2003 04:46 am, Joerg Rossdeutscher
> wrote:
> > It is a good thing. What kind of mail comes from dynamic IPs?
> > In 99% it will be spam from open relays, misconfigured
> > adresses (postmaster@at.home),...
>
> > ...... Not everyone should use a private
> > mailserver. Hobbyists and Freaks should not run such service,
> > it's a job for professionals, and those have a static ip. I'm
> > really tired of writing a lot in mailinglists an get lots of
> > "You mail to cool_kid@local could not be delivered..."
>
> So you believe the ISP should censor our mail, or at least be
> given the opportunity?  You believe that "Hobbyists and Freaks"
> especially need for their mail to be subject to screening, but
> corporations don't?

Censorship? Nonsense.

Running and maintaining a mailserver is a difficult job. Incorrect
configured mailservers can cause a lot of problems to others. So
everyone should be forced to use a providers machine as smarthost.

If your provider filters mail, adds advertisings etc... blame the
provider. Choose another. We don't talk about modifying content.

Examples:
My provider allows "just" some thousand mails to be sent (sent! Not
received!). This is a lot more I can write, but whenever I cause a
mailloop it will not be endless.

Whenever I misconfigure my MUA and send mail with an invalid Reply-To
("ratti@local") my provider will not deliver the mail.

If I misconfigure my machine as an open relay and someone sends lots of
spammails from my machine, a lot of providers will not accept that mail.
And if I configured it to use my providers smarthost after some thousand
mails my providers stops it, see example 1.

Local mailservers are childish, dangerous and nonsense.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o)    fontlinge  | Font management for Linux  | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\                                  http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/