[ssh] KeepAlive

My ssh sessions from my local Debian machine were closed when there
was a route problem (or possibly after an ADSL reconnection), so I
added the following to my .ssh/config:

KeepAlive no

This worked for several months, but since a few days, my ssh sessions
get closed again (for the last one, I could see in the logs that it
was closed during an ADSL reconnection). So, I did some tests with
"ssh -v" and the following line was periodically output:

debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype keepalive@openssh.com reply 1

Why? Doesn't the KeepAlive option work any longer?

As expected, after I plugged out the Ethernet cable for a few seconds
and plugged in again:

debug1: channel_free: channel 0: client-session, nchannels 1
debug1: fd 2 clearing O_NONBLOCK
Read from remote host loria.loria.fr: Connection reset by peer
Connection to loria.loria.fr closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 102 bytes in 301.6 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.3
debug1: Exit status -1

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International