Re: Motherboard ASUS a7v600: is anybody using this?

Hi

I'm using this mobo with linux just fine.
the network chipset works with the syskonnect driver...depending on the
kernel version you may have to update it with the patch from
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/sk98lin.htm
to support the card though...

with the sata drivers you seem to have 2 options for debian:
one hack for the default ide driver
and a patch for libata to support it through scsi emulation (this seems
to be better ...it is included in 2.6.0-test9 so it seems to be better
for the future)
patch for 2.4: http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/8/29/105

both seem to work from report from others..and they load fine, but I
don't have SATA drives to test with...but be aware: no raid...only linux
software raid...

USB(also USB2) works fine

agpgart works fine (I only can test agp 4x since I only own a GF4 and
with linux 2.4 agp 8x is not supported anyway from what I gather)....

I have not tested sound since I use a SB Audigy...

One last thing:
the ide controller is supported after 2.4.21 I think...before it is only
pio mode...

I hope I have not forgot anything usefull...

yours,
Albert Dengg

Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>