Re: Acronyms (was Re: reiserfs)

On Tuesday October 28 at 04:54pm
Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> [031028 14:48]:
> > On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 00:51, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> <big snip>
> > > Speaking for myself only.  I have to make do with whatever is
> > > provided.  I am trying to learn to speak debian but it is tough
> > > when words have meanings that arnt in the dic. see there is one I
> > > know its dictionary but to save time or whatever we all slip up
> > > now and again. BTW I assume it means by the way, but I have seen
> > > it used where that didnt make any sense and when that is carried
> > > over into a technical subject katy bar the door and keep the kooks
> > > in. Hoyt (Sorry I'm flustered)
> >
> > If I understood this correctly the short stuff came from chat rooms
> > and not debian specific. The ones I remember now, assuming I didn't
> > get them wrong myself ;-)
> >
> > IIRC - if I recall correctly
> > AFAIK - as far as I know
> > BTW - by the way
>
> There's no need to guess
>
> sudo apt-get install dictd dict dict-jargon dict-vera

Even better, install 'bsdgames'
jkoenig@note:~$ auto-apt check /usr/games/wtf
games/bsdgames
jkoenig@note:~$ wtf
Usage: wtf [is] <acronym>
jkoenig@note:~$ wtf iirc
IIRC: if I recall correctly
jkoenig@note:~$ wtf smlsfb
SMLSFB: so many losers, so few bullets
jkoenig@note:~$
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: AFI - He Who Laughs Last... : Very Proud Of Ya