Re: another spam attack?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 at 17:15 GMT, john gennard penned:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:01:52AM -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 at 08:41 GMT, john gennard penned:
>> > I'm successfully using popsneaker to knock unwanted stuff off the
>> > POP server - nothing now gets through.
>> >
>> > Looking at today's log, I see six attempted messages each with the
>> > identical size of 4194303.97KB and each from a different 'sender'
>> > were rejected (on the grounds of size).
>> >
>> > Presumably many others will have seen the same or similar.  Purely
>> > as a matter of interest, does anyone know what they represent?
>> >
>> > regards,                john.
>> >

>> 4194303.97KB .... you're getting emails that are 4 gigs big???
>>
>> -- monique
>
> That is what seemed impossible to me. Monique, below are just two
> messages from my popsneaker log:-

[snip logs]

Oof.  Hrm.  I think I would be tempted at this point to call my mail
provider and ask if they could look into it.  It seems practically
impossible that the messages could be that big, so I wonder if there
isn't something in the emails that is confusing their server.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please