Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

Joyce, Matthew wrote:

Hey, Linux is Perfect!!!  You must be an Evil Windows Troll!!!

But seriously:

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 17:08, James D. Freels wrote:

Can you figure out a way to get a listing of a directory (folder in
Windows) and print it, without resorting to command prompt ?

What's wrong with the command line? Is "ls -l" too geeky looking for PHBs, or are you nervous/unsure at the command line?

Or, heaven forbid, will Untrained Users have to do it, and Linux is too difficult?

I have to agree, a simple 'export listing' on the right click or tools menu
would be nice, check boxes for what attributes to include, sort order,
recurse y/n, humanise units y/n, include totals y/n.

one could also set up a web server (e.g. apache), root document directory would be root of file system, indexes auto-generated in all directories... (NO default index like index.html etc.) then just browse and print from browser:-)

it's kinda funny that while e.g. konqueror makes it possible to browse file:// it doesn't allow printing (at least the version I just tried it in)

	erik (yes, I'm just kidding...)