new to debian

Greetings,

I downloaded iso disks of Debian and did an install. I am new to Debian, and Linux as a whole. The question I have is thatI do not know how to get a gui login or to activate a gui like kde. Could you help me with this. As soon as I can get a gui up and test drive Debian I will gladly send money to support it. Also, only disk 1 was needed for the install even though I selected the desktop environments, games, scientific, and 3 of the four developer packages. Did I screw up the install?

Thank you for your time,

Scott Hansen