How to find out the largest IDE drive I can install

I've got a bunch of old P2 class HP's that I'm recycling for various
projects at work.

I'm now looking at an application that would require a large amnount of
hard disk storage. I was thinking thta I could put 4 120G drives in these
machines, but a friend of mine reminded me that they might be to old to
support these.

This leads to a couple of questiosn.

1. What are the various size limits for IDE33/66/100 & 133 ?
2. How can I determine what generation of IDE controler a given machine
has?

Thanks for any info or pointers to docs.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin