[SOLVED] Re: wxWindows + building from source in Debian

I wrote:
I need wxWindows to be able to build a specific non-Debian application. wxWindows is not supported on Woody, which is what I run. Hence, I need to compile it.

Roberto Sanchez suggested:
 > I've been thinking about it, and in your case it iw probably easier
 > build it from upstream and install it in /usr/local/.  Later, when
 > 2.4 makes it into stable, you can just install those packages and then
 > remove your upstream libraries.

I tried that and it "Just Worked". Well, the minimal sample app runs :) Now to build the real app...

Thanks again to all who made suggestions.
Dave