Re: filtering MS* mails w/ Spamassassin

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 07:30, Nathan J. Malmberg wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:24:42AM -0400, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> > My SA setting blocks most of the spam mails but it doesn't/can't stop
> > these MS mails, no matter how many MS examples I try to feed to it to
> > learn.  Anyone has any hint / howto's ?
>
> I found that SA didn't start filtering out the Swen mails until I gave
> it enough non-Swen mails (i.e. ham) to trigger the Bayesian filtering.
> Once I gave it some good emails that I had saved, SA started working
> very nicely for me (it mainly misses a few of the autoreplies generated
> when someone else receives the virus).

By default, you'll need 200 pieces of spam, and 200 pieces of ham before
Bayesian filtering kicks in. A good way to see if it started yet is to
run spamassassin from the command line with the debug and verbose
options. Near the top of the resulting output will be some Bayesian
information. It'll either tell you that it's scanning the message, or
that Bayesian filtering hasn't been activated yet because of something.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837