HP ProLiant DL560

	Hello,

I am charged with the job of installing Debian on an HP ProLiant DL560-server. Now this machine has a wierd SCSI-controller (Smart Array 5i plus from Compaq) which needs the bf24 kernel in order to run. The machine also has two NC7781 NICs. These I am having trouble with. As I understand it, a nice driver for these cards is the bmc5700 which I have gotten to compile. However when I try to insmod it (or anyone of the .o files the compilations creates) it reports that it's written for the 2.4.18 kernel and that I'm running 2.4.18-bf24 (which is true due to the SCSI-controller). If i insmod -f it, it reports all sorts of horrible errors. I was hoping that someone here might have had succes getting Debian to run decently on an HP ProLiant DL560. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

	Regards
	Christian Riis

--
PUNKT KU, IT-Afdelingen