Re: debian on a mac?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 22:33 GMT, Clive Menzies penned:
> It is worth reviewing the archive for debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org

Speaking of which, http://www.debian.org/ports/ lists the motorola 68k
as the second-most popular debian-port, then later down the list
mentions the powerpc.  Both mention Macs.  Are all modern Macs
powerpc, or do I need to look at the specs to know what I need?

> You will find most of the information you're looking for.
>
> I'm dual booting a G4 (not TiBook) and it works well but I've still
> not configured everything.  Ben Herrenschmidt builds bleeding edge
> kernels to handle many of the Tibook idiosyncracies.  You might also
> be interested to try OSX which is impressive although I did manage to
> break it (don't ask ;)

Don't ask??  Sure, bring up something like that and then forbid me from
asking ...

Did you "not configure everything" as in you just haven't bothered, or
as in it's a royal pain and it's not worth it?

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please