RE: windows NT

Your question makes no sense.

Debian is an entire operating system and does not run "on" another operating
system.

If you have something like VMware installed on your NT 4 system, then Debian
can run in that.

Other than that, you would have to set up your system to dual-boot between
Debian or NT to get them both on the same system.

Just slapping Debian on there would likely overwrite your NT or at least
make it very difficult to get back into.

-Jason