Xinerama and OO and Mozilla

I have two screens side-by-side and when I use OpenOffice or Mozilla
on my left hand screen text will sometimes appear on the right hand
screen.

For example, with OO if I select File->New and then hold my mouse down
and roll up and down the menu (for selecting the type of new document)
the menu text vanishes from the screen and the text appears on the right hand
screen.

It's like instead of placing the text at position(x,y) it's ending up at
position(x+screen_width,y).

Anyone else see that?

Should I suspect Xinerama code?  My video driver (Matrox G550)?

Why that happens when my Linux-bashing, Windows-loving friend is over I
don't know.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org