Re: mailing list

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, John Carline wrote:

> Pascal Hakim wrote:
>
> >You're in luck... I wrote a bit of code last night to keep a copy
> >of the last bounce message we've received from all addresses.
> >

> ><shad@mail.kubtelecom.ru>: host relay1.kubtelecom.ru[213.132.64.82] said: 554
> >    Message rejected due to its POSSIBLE SPAM CONTENTS (#5.3.2)
> >
> >The bounce handler just sees that you are bouncing messages. You
> >are not the only one in this situation, there are quite a few other
> >people getting kicked off debian lists because of this problem,
> >but there's no easy solution in sight.
> >

> It's ironic isn't it, we have people turning ugly because they can't
> figure out how to unsubscribe and all that's required is to let your
> mailbox get full or have some mail bounce.
>
> As one of the "quite a few others" kicked off the list due to bounced
> mail, I've contacted my ISP and asked why and how much of my mail
> they're bouncing.  While they've been quite cordial, they've also not
> been much help.  All they can tell me is that the "standard spam filter"
> (whatever the hell that is) must be rejecting my mail.
>
> One question they asked was if I could supply a copy of a bounced message.
>
> Can I?
>
> Or did you write that last bit of code two late for me?
>
> John

I dont know your exact curcumstance but  I was unsubscribed because my
10mb pop3 email box was swen'ed for more than a week. And the mail that
was sent, couldn't be delivered to a full mailbox. And after many
attempts, it decided I was no longer a vaild email address. As your your
remarks about your ISP, I got a similar respose. Helpfull, but they could
do nothing. Spam they could block, virii they felt I needed to get. So, I
have to download MB's of virii and use a simple procmail filter to remove
it but my big ISP is helpless. Jeez.
-Kev