Upgrading from stable

Hi all,

I think I'm ready to upgrade my main desktop machine from stable.
I've been running stable (with an XF4.3 backport) for months now with
no problems.  Only thing is, I'm starting to run into too many packages
where I do need new features and fixes.

I'm tempted to go straight to unstable - given the threads that I've read,
it seems very similar to testing in terms of actual stability.

But - given that this is my _main_ machine, I use it for work all day,
every day, is this a bad idea?  I keep reading of people running
unstable with no problems.  I'd like to turn it around and ask if anyone
_has_ had any major problems with such an upgrade, and if so what?

Now playing: Pearl Jam - Rats