Re: xplanet with gnome (root window in general)

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 19:37, JG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 03:11, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> >
> > > OTOH there may be a way to tell gnome not to touch the root window,
> > > but I don't recall such.
> > >

> Don't run "nautilus", or tell nautilus not to draw the desktop. The
> preference is hidden in gconf keys. Start gconf-editor and go to:
>
> apps/nautilus/preferences
>
> and uncheck "show_desktop" .
>
> Of course, then your "home" and "trash" icons are not shown on the root
> window.

Hmm... Only:
	start_with_status_bar
	enable_delete
	start_with_toolbar
	start_with_location_bar

No show_desktop, :-(

This is becoming painful. I think I will submit a wishlist bug or
something...

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!