Re: logins and logouts hang

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 05:22:02PM -0400, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:26:43AM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> >
> > If your machine is that close to overheating that painting the box
> > makes it conk out, I think you ought to install some extra fannage.
>
> I have another fan and a spot on the case to screw it in to, but nowhere on
> the MB to plug it in.  I  already have a fan in the front of the case, but
> there's no place towards the back of the MB to plug in a fan (there is space
> in the back of the case, however).  *sigh*

You can use a spare disk drive power connector: the red wire on the
fan to the yellow wire on the connector, black wire on the fan to one
of the black wires on the connector. If the fan has a third, yellow,
wire, don't connect that wire.

The easiest way to do this is probably to buy a power splitter, cut
off one of the female connectors and connect to the freed wires using
screw terminal block ("chocolate strip").

> BTW, it apparently wasn't the paint, 'cause I'm having the same prob again.
> Time to go shut down again...

...and put that other fan in :-)

--
Pigeon